ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.3 deduped storage for Content Manager for mulpiplatforms.

2011-09-06 13:45:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.3 deduped storage for Content Manager for mulpiplatforms.
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:41:39 +0000
Greetings,

I am looking for a recommendation and/or information on using a TSM 6.2.3
deduped file pool as storage for Content Manager for Multiplatforms.

We stored 12GB of PDF data from our old CM server into the new CM server which
uses TSM for storage. Once the data hit my file pool, dedupe only found 700MB
of duplicated blocks.

I don't have access to the Content Manager settings and haven't found any
obvious hits on google or IBM.  My question is whether the CM server compresses
before sending to TSM and whether I might get a better dedupe ratio if it
didn't compress, so, my question:  what setting on Content Manager might adjust
whether data is compressed prior to sending to TSM,  Is it the standard client
setting in the dsm.opt file?  Should it be set to never?

Finally, is this server a good or a bad candidate for client-side dedupe?

Thanks,

Bob.
This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic
transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This
information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this
electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.