ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Antwort: [ADSM-L] ASR Restore on Win2k8R2

2011-09-02 13:54:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Antwort: [ADSM-L] ASR Restore on Win2k8R2
From: Robert Clark <robert.clark7 AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 10:53:32 -0700
Following Andy's advice:

(Using the 6.2.3.1 client.)
Have "Snapshotproviderfs VSS" in the "dsm.opt" on the client during the
backup.
Update to "WinPE 3.1".

We were able to restore W2K8R2.

We did have a problem with Windows and/or the backup client and/or the
restore process not handling a system that was not in the domain before
the backup and restore. But this was an edge case, and not one we needed
to dig to the bottom of for the common restore case.

(The problem manifested as Administrator only succeeding at logging in one
time, and being denied by a system profile for login 2 on.)

Even for this edge case, I found a work around; moving some of the profile
files associated with Administrator during the first login after the
restore/reboot.

Thanks,
[RC]