ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.1 DB

2011-09-01 09:37:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.1 DB
From: Andrew Meadows <dna1110 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:26:04 -0500
All,

We recently started installing fresh tsm 6.2.1 instances in house. I was
wondering if someone could help me with the following questions/issues.

Question 1)

We have a 500 GB Database allocated. I have that split up into 4 filesystems
with 127 GB each. Currently Only the first filesystem is being used. I
thought they should have been used evenly. is there a parameter i need to
check to enable this?

Location                       Total Space(MB)  Used Space(MB)  Free
Space(MB)
------------------------------ --------------- ---------------
---------------
/tsmdb001                              128,000          37,389
90,611
/tsmdb002                              128,000             520
127,480
/tsmdb003                              128,000             520
127,480
/tsmdb004                              128,000             520
127,480

Question 2)

With the way Dbbackups are now set up through the client API is is now
possible to set up remote backups to another TSM Server?
Could i compress or dedupe the backup over to another TSM Server remotely?
Or does it end up using server to server communication to do that?

Thanks,

Andrew