ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Legacy 2007 to VSS 2010 backup performance

2011-08-25 17:23:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Legacy 2007 to VSS 2010 backup performance
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:15:15 -0400
Hi Ben,

I wish TSM could perform both at the same time,
but it is not doable. This is a Microsoft restriction,
not a TSM implementation issue. The Microsoft
interfaces to check the integrity are at the
whole file-level, not at a buffer-level like
we would need to perform the backup and integrity
check at the same time. We have asked Microsoft
for a better interface, but it has not
raised high enough in their queue. And with their
current emphasis on replication and also allowing
customers to skip the integrity check in those
DAG environments, I suspect they will not invest
more in this and encourage customers to use
Exchange 2010 DAG replication to handle their
integrity checking.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 08/25/2011
04:41:08 PM: