ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Legacy 2007 to VSS 2010 backup performance

2011-08-25 17:08:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Legacy 2007 to VSS 2010 backup performance
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:41:08 +0000
Del,
Thanks for piping in with the official word, since all my statements were
"anecdotal" in nature. I wasn't too far off though. ;-)

I actually like the idea of the integrity check being performed at the same
time as the backup and then failing the backup if it finds anything. It just
seems more efficient than reading the data twice. Our SAN admins I'm sure would
prefer the lesser number of IOPS on the storage.

Are there any options/flags I can use to make it behave that way?

Thanks,
Ben