ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Query performance issue

2011-08-22 14:48:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Query performance issue
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:38:30 -0400
On Aug 22, 2011, at 2:17 PM, Grigori Solonovitch wrote:

> Thank you very much, Richard. This query is much faster and gives the same
> result from data point of view.
> I have only question about period of time from 00:00:00 till 00:02:59.
> Is this query correct for mentioned period of time?
>
> Grigori G. Solonovitch

I had a hunch you would ask about that.  The technique is an expedient to
compensate for unfortunate overhead in a generalized query (despite DATE_TIME
being an indexed field).  It works where the Select is invoked on the same day
as the pertinent records being queried.  Consider midnight to be a boundary
exception.  In any case, you should be asleep in bed at that time.  :-)

    Richard Sims