ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM library and stgpool help

2011-08-03 15:05:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM library and stgpool help
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:58:36 +0200
On 3 aug. 2011, at 20:50, D'Antonio III, Vincent E (N-Aerotek) wrote:

> Good afternoon all,
>
> In my continued effort to update my environment I have a few
> questions............here's some info on what I am trying to do.
>
> Current setup:
>
> Tsm_lib1 with stgpool TAPEPOOL and dev class LTO
>
> This is an lto2 tape library that I need to replace and move the current
> backups to a new lto3 library.
>
> Problem, because of the way we do things I need to have the current name of
> the lib (tsm_lib1) and stgpool (TAPEPOOL) with dev class (LTO) to remain the
> same.
>
> So how can I do this?

update dev LTO libr=<newlib>

possibly update dev LTO format=DRIVE if not already set to that format. Then
just check the LTO2 tapes out of the old lib and into the new one and set them
readonly. Then you can move data to new lto3 media if you like.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl