ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL and collocation

2011-08-03 12:06:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL and collocation
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:03:07 -0400
We have a new TSM 6.2.2.0 server running under mainframe Linux. It has a
primary storage pool on file devices and a copy pool on TS1120 tape. The
tape library is located in a different building than the server and its
clients, so we do not eject and vault copy pool volumes. We normally run
storage pool backups with 'maxproc=4', but occasionally use 'maxproc=5'.
Backup storage pool operations do not seem to be following the documented
rules for collocation. The server currently has 7 collocation groups.
Yesterday morning, the copy pool had 25 volumes in filling status, with
one collocation group having 5 volumes in filling status. I executed
'move data' commands to consolidate some of the volumes. After the
storage pool backups this morning I found 6 new filling volumes, all
for collocation groups that already had filling volumes with free space.
I have verified that the copy pool specifies collocation by group, that
every node is assigned to a collocation group, and that every filling
volume has read/write access.

Am I misreading the documentation regarding volume usage in collocated
storage pools?