ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Technical Exchange Series Webinars

2011-07-25 15:08:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Technical Exchange Series Webinars
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:02:02 -0400
-----Dave Canan wrote: -----

>Thomas, I can follow up with this. Do you have some specific examples
>of some webinars that were bad recording quality? Let me knoiw via
>the list, or you can also send me an email to my work ID at
>ddcanan AT us.ibm DOT com.

As I noted in my previous e-mail, I was not listening to recorded
presentations when I had audio quality problems in the past. I
decided to try replaying the recorded HADR presentation to see if
it sounded different than the real time version.

It immediately became clear that I was confused about which topics
went with which symptoms. The presentation I gave up on had a woman
introducing the main speaker; one of the reasons I thought there
was some small hope of the audio quality improving when the main
speaker started was that he would probably have a lower pitched
voice than the woman introducing him. The recorded HADR
presentation had a man speaking at the beginning.

The audio quality was fine for about twenty seconds and then
started to deteriorate. It never got to be completely unintelligible,
but the pitch and speed fluctuated, the speaker sometimes sounded
as if he were stuttering, and there was sometimes a strange
chugging noise in the background. As far as I could tell, the
streaming playback and the downloadable exe gave identical
results. I also retried the streaming playback with no
applications other than the Web browser running on my PC,
and with not pages open except the page for starting the
playback. This did not seem to make any difference.