ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup specific folder only

2011-07-18 08:11:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup specific folder only
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:04:41 -0400
Another solution is to use a customized schedule for this node that targets
the desired directory:

DEFINE SCHEDULE domain schedname OBJECTS=E:\Oracle\ OPTIONS=-SUBDIR=YES

And keep the INCLUDE statement in dsm.opt:

Include "E:\Oracle\...\*" 3mth_grp2_MC

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-07-18
07:25:48:

> From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
> Date: 2011-07-18 07:33
> Subject: Re: Backup specific folder only
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Try the following.
>
> Add
>
> Exclude.dir e:\dir1
> Exclude.dir e:\dir2
> . . .
>
> For each major tree on the e: drive.  This will keep tsm from
> traversing the trees at all.
> More administration, but the only thing I can think of.
> Exclude.dir is processed before standard excludes, therefore you
> cannot exclude.dir e:\ then include what you wanted.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Gary Lee
> Senior System Programmer
> Ball State University