ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reporting and BIRT in TSM 6.2

2011-07-15 12:52:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reporting and BIRT in TSM 6.2
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT DA.KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:47:39 -0500
I will first admit that I'm a TSM admin, not a "report writer".... but we have
to come up with a replacement for the reporting component on the TSM 5.x
servers.

Finally got BIRT Report Designer configured to query the TCR WAREHOUS schema.

When previewing a report in BIRT Report Design the schedule start displays as
'1110714180036000'.  That is somehow to be July 14th, 2011 at 6:00 PM.

Running the similar report in Administration Center (Reporting > Common
Reporting) properly displays the "Jul 14, 2011 6:00 PM" format.

The data is defined as CHAR in Birt, not a date/time as I would expect.  I
don't know enough DB2 yet to look at the properties in WAREHOUS.

Anyone out there working, successfully, with BIRT?

At least a few of you are holding out for Cognos in a future release.

Thanks...