ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Exchange 2010 with DAG

2011-07-15 07:26:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Exchange 2010 with DAG
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:20:37 -0400
Yanick,

First, take a look in the Data Protection for Exchange
User's Guide under section titled "Database Availability
Group backup best practices". This will help you get started.

A few things to address your questions...

- You must install Data Protection for Exchange on each
  mailbox server that you plan to back up databases on.
  Depending on your setup, this could be just the
  mailbox servers that have passive copies on.

- Back up the databases from the same Exchange server
  each time, if possible.

- You can use the same TSM Server NODENAME or
  different ones, it all depends on how you
  want to manage the data on the TSM Server.
  Using separate NODENAME will make TSM Server
  centralized scheduling much clearer.

- Take a look at this technote for a script on
  "Automating Database Availability Group backups
  for Exchange 2010"

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 07/14/2011
08:28:12 PM: