ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backup Exchange 2010 with DAG

2011-07-14 20:36:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backup Exchange 2010 with DAG
From: Yanick Quirion <Yanick.Quirion AT USHERBROOKE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:28:12 +0000
Dear all,

We are currently implementing an Exchange 2010 in our environment. We plan to
have 5-6 mailboxes servers 2-3 client access server and the same for the HUBs.

Now I’m, testing Tivoli for mail (exchange) version 6.x using only one mailbox
server. When we will enable our DAG, what will be the best practice to backup
all mailboxes database?

Do I have to install the TDP on each mailbox server?
Is this will require separate node on the TSM server (one for each mailbox
server)?

If some people already has knowledge on how to setup such environment, can you
just drop me an e-mail to explain me the way you did it?

Thank you all and best regards,

Yanick Quirion
Technicien en Systèmes Ordinés  - Section Infrastructure des serveurs
Service des technologies de l’information (S.T.I.)
Université de Sherbrooke
Courriel: Yanick.Quirion AT USherbrooke DOT ca<mailto:Yanick.Quirion AT
USherbrooke DOT ca>
Tél.: 819-821-8000<tel:819-821-8000> Poste: 62490