ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM multi libraries in a single stgpool

2011-07-06 14:06:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM multi libraries in a single stgpool
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:04:20 +0000
There is no reason a single library can't have multiple device classes.

If I thought I would ever need to run multiple libraries, I'd be tempted to
create multiple device classes, one per tape storage pool.

Then if it ever became necessary to move a pool to another library, it would be
a simple matter to update the device class to point to the new library and move
the corresponding tapes.

Bob