ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: snapdiff advice

2011-06-29 15:45:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: snapdiff advice
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:41:06 -0500
Clark, Margaret wrote:

> Back in March, I watched a recorded presentation about DB2 reorgs
> within TSM server 6.2.2.0, and discovered that OnTap will only allow
> snapdiff backups to work correctly with releases 7.3.3 and 8.1, NOT
> 8.0.  Apparently OnTap 7.3.3 and 8.1 contain the File Access Protocol
> (FAP), but 8.0 does not, so snapdiff would fail.  - Margaret Clark

My understanding is that it's more convoluted than that, but the FAP
and Unicode support for ONTAP 8 came with version 8.0.1, not 8.1.
So I should be good to go on my array running 8.0.1P5 with a 6.2.2.0
or newer TSM client.  (My NFS testing is on an older array at 7.3.2,
but that should still be OK if there are no Unicode filenames.  Even
if there were, it should fail in a different way than I'm seeing.)

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa