ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lan-free backup doesn't work!

2011-06-27 15:59:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lan-free backup doesn't work!
From: Saravanan Palanisamy <evergreen.sarav AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:53:10 +0300
Hi Stkr34,

Step1:

Add the below lines into dsm.sys file.
lanfreecommmethod tcpip
lanfreetcpserveraddress hostname
lanfreetcpport 1500
nodename nodename

Start the storage agent in the background using the below command
 Step 2:

/opt/tivoli/tsm/StorageAgent/bin/fdsmsta &
Step 3:

try some test backup thru ba client.

dsmc inc /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys

Step4:

search the activity log for the below string

q act se=proxied*by begind=-1

check whether any session proxied for storage agent node. Also do validate
using the below command

validate lanfree nodename storageagent

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:14 PM, stkr34 <tsm-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> Im new here and I'm not TSM admin. But, maybe someone  help me about lan
> free backup problem. The problem is I couldn't see my server on TSM lanfree
> list.  when I command q ses I can not see Proxy By Storage Agent.
> How can I restart storage agent on linux?
>
> Thanks,
> Stkr34

> |This was sent by suat.kir AT eczacibasi.com DOT tr via Backup Central.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarav
+974-3344-1538

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work
and learning from failure - Colin Powell