ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exclude backup of USB drive on Windows?

2011-06-23 14:24:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exclude backup of USB drive on Windows?
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:22:21 -0400
Is there a way to exclude backup of USB drives on Windows clients?
Of course if you know the drive letter you can!

I am having more cases of these being used and with most of
my clients being set to DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL, when somebody inserts
one of these things, I back it up - or try to.

If I changed to specifying individual drives, this would cause more
problems as many servers get drive config changes and adds, and
I would have to keep up with them - or miss something.

Wondered if there is a trick to blanket exclude USB drives.
Saw nothing in the Manuals.

Thanks,
David Longo

#####################################
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain private, proprietary, or legally privileged information.
No privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you
receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it,
and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views
or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the
individual sender, except (1) where the message states such views
or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;  and (2) the sender
is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.