ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reading tape without TSM

2011-06-17 09:41:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reading tape without TSM
From: "Meuleman, Ruud" <ruud.meuleman AT TATASTEEL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:32:07 +0200
The tape where the copy is, isn't also readable.

It is possible to use the dd command. Coping blocks to file is possible,
but I still read it.

# dd bs=256k count=20 if=/dev/rmt10 of=/tmp/cpp.out
0+3 records in
0+3 records out

# more cpp.out
M-eM-VM-SM-qM-pM-vM-pM-tM-uM-x@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@M-HM-DM-YM-qM-AM-DM-bM-TKM-BM-FM-bKM-eM-pM-p
M-qM-pM-rM-B
M-A@@@@@@M-pM-pM-pM-qM-pM-pM-pM-q@@@@@@M-pM-pM-xM-sM-qM-t@M-yM-yM-sM-vM-
uM-pM-pM-pM-pM-pM-pM-pM-AM-DM-bM-T@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@M-HM-DM-YM-rM-dM-rM-vM
-rM-qM-tM-pM-p
@@@@

Should we skip some blocks with TSMtape, before we get to the actual
data?

Kind Regards,
Ruud Meuleman