ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 for z/OS

2011-06-13 19:43:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 for z/OS
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:38:22 -0500
On Jun 11, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Mehdi Salehi wrote:

> Hi,
> Has IBM any plan to release TSM 6 for MVS?

Considering that TSM V6 installs an instance of DB2 and expects it to be the
only DB2 on the system, and considering that z/OS isn't anything like Windows
or an UNIX server in how DB2 would be installed -- or how likely it might be
that DB2 would not already be installed -- and considering the rumored lack of
TSM V5 on z/OS customers, of course IBM has no plans to port TSM V6 to MVS, at
least not until they get to the point that they can install TSM V6 to use an
existing DB2 installation.

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to start being nice to our z/OS DB2
DBAs. I really hope we've consolidated on AIX by then. (But more because I hate
the VTS we use on z/OS; our DB2 DBAs are mostly a cool bunch.)

> Thank you.

Nick