ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Suite for Unified Recovery

2011-06-10 12:14:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Suite for Unified Recovery
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:09:33 -0600
I haven't seen the pricing structure, but I suspect that containing costs
completely depends on your site.   Since they appear to be basing it on a
capacity model rather than server/product model, I would suggest that:

- if you have a large number/types of servers to backup, but aren't really
huge from a TB capacity perspective, you'll save money
- if you have a relatively small number of servers to back up and/or you
store a large amount of data on TSM, you'll spend money

I suspect that you'd have to model it out both ways for your site and see
what comes out of it...

Paul