ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure

2011-05-25 07:14:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure
From: Danny Schmanny <danny.schmanny AT LGCA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:08:44 -0400
Greetings ADSM-L List Subscribers:

I am 'replying' to an existing ADSM-L list 'subject' (hoping this works).

Here is the current configuration on both of our Exchange 2010 Mailbox Servers:

OS: Windows 2008 Server R2, 64bit
B/A-Client: 6.2.1.0
TDP Exchange: 6.1.2.0
TSM Server: 5.5.5.0 on Windows 2003 R2, 64bit

About 7 months have gone by since the topic 'TDP Exchange Individual Mailbox
Restore Failure' has been commented on.  I have a few questions that I have
been tasked to find the answer to:

Question 1: Did I miss the promised bug fix Microsoft was going to provide to
resolve individual mailbox restores?  For example, is there another post that
addresses the 'fix' besides this one?

Question 2: It has been commented on that the CAS role needs to be installed on
the mailbox server.  Does the mailbox server need to contain actual mailboxes
for the restore to work?  Or, could a mailbox server with the mailbox server
role (but not actually hosting any mailboxes) have the CAS role installed on it
and be able to have a mailbox restored to it?  (Kind of a workaround solution -
just not sure the mailbox server needs actual mailboxes in order for the
restore to work).  What we want to achieve is getting a temporary mailstore
that is not in Production to retrieve the actual e-mail messages

Question 3: How successful has anyone been with restoring the mailbox
'elsewhere' and using a tool (third party or other) to get to the messages for
restore purposes?

Question 4: How do I change my contact (e-mail address) on the listserv (as I
am no longer schmanny AT lgca DOT org but rather danny.schmanny AT lgca DOT
org)?

Thanks for any nudge in the right direction.

Danny Schmanny