ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] who makes policy for TSM?

2011-05-21 07:09:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] who makes policy for TSM?
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:07:08 +0200
It is translated from the business requirements (that are part business
demands based on RTO's and RPO's for services and governmental demands for
retention policies etc) to TSM bcg's and acg's in mc's within different pd's
by a capable TSM administrator and checked by at least one other person.

At least, that is my theory, in practice most of the time a Windows admin
just sets some rules based on what he thinks is 'about right'.
People have been fired over these things, get the input from the business
and when they come with the classic father/son/etc story kill them with
fire.