ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Incremental Database backups never expire

2011-05-20 14:47:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Incremental Database backups never expire
From: andrewd <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:11:09 -0700
Even though this thread is years old, I thought I'd post my solution in case it
helps anybody else.

I have a similar setup and was wondering how to files from disk using DRM.
Indeed the key is to process file based volumes in the same way as tapes. I use
the following commands to delete disk based backups older than 30 days from disk

My 'DB backup Series Expiration Days' is set to '30'

 Set DRMDBBackupexpiredays 30
 SET DRMFILEPROCESS yes

 move drmedia * source=dbbackup enddate=today-30 wherestate=mountable
tostate=vault

When the backups are older than 30 days they will go into 'vault retrieve'
status. You can then issue the following command

 move drmedia * source=dbbackup wherestate=VAULTRetrieve tostate=ONSITERetrieve

As the retention period for these volumes has expired, they are deleted from
disk.