ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem installing TSM server Instance 6.2

2011-05-13 03:26:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem installing TSM server Instance 6.2
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 19:23:44 +1200
----- "Leif Torstensen" <lvt AT ATHENA DOT DK> wrote:

> I looks like I have a process hanging. I have check for the
> administrator to be in the db2users and db2admns group and the
> administrator have rights to the the database
>
> C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\db2\BIN>db2 "select
> grantee,securityadmauth from sys
> cat.dbauth"
>
> GRANTEE
>                                                  SECURITYADMAUTH
> ADMINISTRATOR

In the past I've had similar issues on Windows systems, but I find regardless
of the permissions of "Administrator" I have better success logging on as the
instance's user account (using 'runas') - e.g. if my instance is created under
the user tsminst1, I log on as tsminst1 and everything works that wouldn't
previously.