ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Monitoring for a hung server/lpar

2011-05-12 11:07:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] Monitoring for a hung server/lpar
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:04:42 -0500
Hi.

We have been monitoring our instances for some time by connectiong,
doing a command, and exiting.  We ran into a situation with an AIX
hang, where the connection was made, but then the scripts hung because
nothing came back.  How are you checking for instance availability,
and TSM server availability?  Thanks.

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,