ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] lbtest sometimes doesn't return barcodes

2011-05-09 19:46:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] lbtest sometimes doesn't return barcodes
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 01:41:24 +0200
Running my old (12.1.8.0) version of tapeutil tells me:

ATTENTION:  Tapeutil provides only a subset of device and command support
that
            the IBM Tape Diagnostic Tool (ITDT) provides. The functions and
            capabilities of tapeutil are now performed by ITDT.
            Please use ITDT in place of tapeutil, as tapeutil is deprecated.

lslpp -w or -f do not tell me which fileset the /usr/bin/tapeutil belongs
to, my guess is that is was part of IBMtape (or Atape) but not shipped
anymore with the latest version. Sigh... so far for progress..

ITDT link :http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S4000662

Marcel.

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,