ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape issues with 3584 library

2011-05-06 17:25:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape issues with 3584 library
From: "Bartels, Bob" <Robert.Bartels AT UTOLEDO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 21:19:49 +0000
Ok I fixed the issue with the library. FYI the library manager is 6.2.2.0 and
the library client was 5.5.2.

After inventory library - Audit fails as there are no tapes in these slots. TSM
wants to read the label before removing the entry from it's inventory
apparently. So I ended up figuring out which slots it wanted tapes in  and then
manually put tapes there for it to check.

Server  Message Time    Message Number  Message
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:30:55 PM     ANR8788W         Unable to read the barcode of
cartridge in slot-id 1355 in library 3584LIB;  loading in drive to read label.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:30:56 PM     ANR8788W         Unable to read the barcode of
cartridge in slot-id 1433 in library 3584LIB;  loading in drive to read label.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:58 PM     ANR8779E         Unable to open drive
/dev/IBMtape12, error number= 20.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:58 PM     ANR8912E         Unable to verify the label of
volume from slot-element 1355 in drive DRIVE7 (/dev/IBMtape12) in library
3584LIB.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:58 PM     ANR8779E         Unable to open drive
/dev/IBMtape21, error number= 22.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:58 PM     ANR8912E         Unable to verify the label of
volume from slot-element 1433 in drive DRIVE0 (/dev/IBMtape21) in library
3584LIB.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:59 PM     ANR8460E         AUDIT LIBRARY process for
library 3584LIB failed.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:36:59 PM     ANR0985I         Process 178 for AUDIT LIBRARY
running in the BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at 04:36:59
PM.

After putting tapes into slots TSM thought existed:

Server  Message Time    Message Number  Message
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:59:12 PM     ANR0984I         Process 179 for AUDIT LIBRARY
started in the BACKGROUND at 04:59:12 PM.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:59:12 PM     ANR8457I         AUDIT LIBRARY: Operation for
library 3584LIB started as process 179.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:59:14 PM     ANR8455E         Volume 003154L3 could not be
located during audit of library 3584LIB.  Volume has been removed from the
library inventory.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:59:14 PM     ANR8461I         AUDIT LIBRARY process for
library 3584LIB completed successfully.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 4:59:14 PM     ANR0985I         Process 179 for AUDIT LIBRARY
running in the BACKGROUND completed with completion state SUCCESS at 04:59:15
PM.

And finally:

Server  Message Time    Message Number  Message
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:08 PM     ANR8422I         CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Operation
for library 3584LIB started as process 180.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:09 PM     ANR8430I         Volume 003257L3 has been
checked into library 3584LIB.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:09 PM     ANR8430I         Volume 003407L3 has been
checked into library 3584LIB.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:10 PM     ANR8430I         Volume 003136L3 has been
checked into library 3584LIB.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:10 PM     ANR8431I         CHECKIN LIBVOLUME process
completed for library 3584LIB; 3 volume(s) found.
MCTSM02 5/6/2011 5:08:10 PM     ANR0985I         Process 180 for CHECKIN
LIBVOLUME running in the BACKGROUND completed with completion state SUCCESS at
05:08:10 PM.

Not pretty but no tapes are missing and all slots are showing allocated with
barcodes.

Thanks,

Bob