ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] how to find a particular node retention period?

2011-05-03 11:43:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] how to find a particular node retention period?
From: Arul <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 08:37:59 -0700
hi Guys,

kindly assit me how to find a particular node retention period?

Example:

i am having two mgmt class such as MGMT1 & MGMT 2 both are in same domain DOM1

while taking backup, at what retention period the backup will be done?

tsm: ADMIN_SERVER1>q co dom1

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data     Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists  Deleted Versions Version
--------- --------- --------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------
DOM1      ACTIVE    MGMT1     STANDARD         2        1       30      60
DOM1      ACTIVE    MGMT2     STANDARD         2        1      180      60
DOM1      POLI1     MGMT1     STANDARD         2        1       30      60
DOM1      POLI1     MGMT2     STANDARD         2        1      180      60

sm: ADMIN_SERVER1>q mgmt f=d

           Policy Domain Name: DOM1
              Policy Set Name: ACTIVE
              Mgmt Class Name: MGMT1
         Default Mgmt Class ?: No
   Space Management Technique: None
      Auto-Migrate on Non-Use: 0
   Migration Requires Backup?: Yes
        Migration Destination: SPACEMGPOOL
ast Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 04/27/2011 21:19:15
             Managing profile:
              Changes Pending: No

           Policy Domain Name: DOM1
              Policy Set Name: ACTIVE
              Mgmt Class Name: MGMT2
         Default Mgmt Class ?: Yes
   Space Management Technique: None
      Auto-Migrate on Non-Use: 0
   Migration Requires Backup?: Yes
        Migration Destination: SPACEMGPOOL
ast Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 05/03/2011 20:41:48
             Managing profile:
              Changes Pending: No

           Policy Domain Name: DOM1
              Policy Set Name: POLI1
              Mgmt Class Name: MGMT1
   Space Management Technique: None
      Auto-Migrate on Non-Use: 0
   Migration Requires Backup?: Yes
        Migration Destination: SPACEMGPOOL
ast Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 04/27/2011 21:19:15
             Managing profile:
              Changes Pending: No

           Policy Domain Name: DOM1
              Policy Set Name: POLI1
              Mgmt Class Name: MGMT2
   Space Management Technique: None
      Auto-Migrate on Non-Use: 0
   Migration Requires Backup?: Yes
        Migration Destination: SPACEMGPOOL
ast Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 05/03/2011 20:41:48
             Managing profile:
              Changes Pending: No

Thanks
Arul