ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Find Lost Files

2011-05-03 04:52:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Find Lost Files
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 08:47:16 +0000
Is there a way to search for a file on a client?

I have a server that has had complete backups for a long time.

Recently, when trying to do a restore, I can find a particular directory

in which the user insists existed just a few weeks ago.

Yes, I selected inactive files in the GUI.

Maybe someone knows a way I can query where the file is. I suspect the

file is there, it was just inadvertently moved to a different folder. I

suppose its possibly on a different server, but that seems a bit much.

Brian

I tend to use the command line more than the gui, and you can certainly do
it on there. You don't mention the client (this example is for Linux but
the command is the same on windows - apart from the filespec obviously):

tsm> query backup -ina -su=yes "/*svc-error.sh"
Size Backup Date Mgmt Class A/I File
---- ----------- ---------- --- ----
166 B 14/01/11 14:12:59 DEFAULT A /usr/local/bin/svc-error.sh
tsm>

You can also query the backup table on the TSM server, this will take much
longer but will also achieve the same result:

tsm: xxxxxxx>select * from backups where NODE_NAME='PC002697' and
LL_NAME='svc-error.sh'
ANR2963W This SQL query may produce a very large result table, or may
require a significant amount of time to compute.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y

NODE_NAME: PC002697
FILESPACE_NAME: /
FILESPACE_ID: 6
STATE: ACTIVE_VERSION