ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] LTO5 performance

2011-05-02 22:44:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] LTO5 performance
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 21:39:21 -0500
Just a quick poll of what people are seeing for LTO-5 performance.  Is
it anywhere close to the rated 140 MB/s native, or much lower?  I ask,
because I have a customer that is only getting about 40-50 MB/s from
HP LTO5 drives in a Quantum library.  This number seems really low to
me, but before I jump to making recommendations, I would like to have
some real world numbers to go off of.  You'd think Google would find
some, but my searches turned up nill.

As an aside, has anyone had performance problems with Quantum
libraries and their built-in Fibre Switches?

OS is AIX 6, having the same performance from both TSM server, AIX and
Solaris 10 LanFree.

Thanks for sharing :)