ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage advice

2011-04-10 22:28:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage advice
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:26:02 -0500
It's been a while since I've worked much with off-site copypools, but my next
suggestion is to work with DRMedia. Do you have some volumes (that have been
reclaimed) in VAULTRETRIEVE status? I don't remember how they show up in your
volume list (I half expect 'EMPTY' status, but as I said, it's been a while),
but if you do, they might be returned to scratch status when you MOVE DRM the
VAULTRET volumes back to ONSITERET.

How many BACKUP STG processes are you running at a time? If you run four backup
processes at a time, you'll produce four tapes each day, even if one would be
enough. That might be contributing to this phenomenon.

You said these volumes are set as offsite; that's at the volume level; volumes
are the only things with an "offisite status, as I recall. If you do QUERY
LIBVOL * <volid>, do they show up? If TSM "knows" they're in the library, they
won't be reclaimed if they're in "FILLING" status, as I recall.

I love a good puzzle. I'm just not sure how many things I'm taking for granted
about how you're using TSM. :-)

Nick