ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Portable restore from TDP for Databases (SQL) ?

2011-03-30 08:46:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Portable restore from TDP for Databases (SQL) ?
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:41:24 -0400
We have a remote vendor who sends updates to a SQL db that lives on one
of our SQL servers. From time-to-time the updates are determined
undesirable and before performing a restore in production  we want to be
able to send them a portable copy so they can determine the root cause
of the problem before moving forward. I have had this situation come up
before and scoured over the TDP documentation and found no clear
definition of how to complete the task.

Is there a way to perform what I will call a portable "flat file"
restore of SQL databases from TSM without it affecting the production
copy that is live on the SQL server?

How do you handle these requests?

All feedback appreciated....TIA

Rick Adamson