ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for DB password expiration

2011-03-25 10:45:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for DB password expiration
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:41:29 -0400
Has anyone had problems with TSM for DB (Oracle), aka TDPO, and password
expiration?

We are running TSM for DB v5.5.1.0 with TSM api 6.2.2.0 on AIX 5.3 to a
TSM server at 6.2.2.0 also on AIX 5.3. We are running with password
generate.  Last night we got two ANR0425W password has expired messages
for node DBFINTEST. I assume I got two messages because the rman command
is using two channels, thus two concurrent TSM sessions.  At that point
the password should have been set to something new and life should go
on.  Instead, subsequent sessions for that node got the "ANS0282E
Password file is not available.", ie password is incorrect, message.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong?

David Ehresman