ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 1024 DB2 database connection limit on AIX

2011-03-08 18:00:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 1024 DB2 database connection limit on AIX
From: deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:58:08 -0500
I hit this problem the first night of backups after converting to
V6.2.2.0 from v5.5.  I don't know but I'd guess the determining factor
would be number of nodes backing up.  We have between 400 -500 nodes
backing up.  They back up between 3-5 TB a night.  My v6 db is about 140
GB (used).

David Ehresman

>>> John Monahan <John.Monahan AT US.LOGICALIS DOT COM> 3/8/2011 11:11 AM >>>
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?tcss=Newsletter&uid=swg21428557

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has run into this issue or if
someone from IBM can clarify or give examples to quantify slightly
better than "servers with large workloads".  How large a DB?  How many
clients?  How much backed up nightly?  At least give something in the
ballpark so TSM admins can make an educated decision if they need to
consider this problem upfront.  Putting in a large server and then
crossing your fingers that you don't reach the limit isn't really a good
customer support strategy.

Thanks

John Monahan
Delivery Consultant