ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6 Log Mirroring - 3 methods?

2011-03-03 10:18:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6 Log Mirroring - 3 methods?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:16:49 -0600
There are three methods of TSM 6 log mirroring. What are their pros and
cons?

 1. TSM/DB2 Active Log Mirror in software
 2. Hardware Array Mirroring (RAID1/RAID10)
 3. OS such as AIX LVM mirroring

I know that in Version 5, TSM software log mirroring provided somewhat
better recoverability compared to the other two methods. Is that still
true in Version 6? Or should I just go with hardware RAID.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====