ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Installing tsm 6.2.2.0 client on redhat enterprize linux 6

2011-02-24 19:06:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Installing tsm 6.2.2.0 client on redhat enterprize linux 6
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:05:01 -0600
Lee, Gary D. wrote:

> Just downloaded the tsm 6.2.2.0 linux86 64 bit client.
>
> Read the readme and lifted the install steps out and ran 1 by one.
>
> Got to the following command and it fails dependencies as shown below.
>
> Since I'm working from IBM's own .tar file, where do I get what it
> wants and doesn't have?
> ---------- error message -------------
>
> [root@tsm01 linux86-64]# rpm -U ./TIVsm-API64.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         TIVsm-API = 6.2.2 is needed by TIVsm-API64-6.2.2-0.i586

The API64 RPM requires the 32-bit API RPM to also be installed; it should
be included in the tarball.  Install the TIVsm-API before you install
TIVsm-API64, and finally install TIVsm-BA (or you can install all three
together).

(Don't forget to also install the appropriate gskcrypt and gskssl RPMs
as well.)

The installation instructions do seem to be unclear/misleading/erroneous.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa