ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm backing up mysql databases

2011-02-24 13:27:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm backing up mysql databases
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:25:26 -0600
I ran into the same issue.  It seemed like the only way to do it was
to dump to a file then backup using dsmc.  This was fine, except that
we had a client with a 2 TB MYSQL DB.  (No comments necessary).  I
used the adsmpipe command to back this up to TSM with great success.
We were able to backup and restore using the command.  I believe that
I had to write a script that purged the old data though.  It's been a
while since I set it up.  There are no other options other than these
two though.  If the DB is small, export to a file.  If it is huge use
adsmpipe.

Gary Bowers
Itrus Technologies