ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Client Feature Exploitation Tracking

2011-02-17 18:16:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Client Feature Exploitation Tracking
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:14:43 -0600
Is there a way for a TSM server administrator to deduce reliably which features
clients are using? Features like journaling backups or VSS support are things
I'd to know figure out at some basic level: have my users found them, or do I
need to start some sort of education campaign for my client administrators?

So far, I haven't stumbled upon a way to track that. Maybe it's an ANE message
in the activity logs that I haven't gotten onto, but if it's possible, I'd love
to hear ideas.

Thanks,
Nick