ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail Exchange 2010 error (ACN0515E Invalid DSMAGENT )

2011-02-17 14:46:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail Exchange 2010 error (ACN0515E Invalid DSMAGENT )
From: James Choate <jchoate AT CHOOSES1 DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:43:40 -0600
Del,
I am in the process of updating the BA client to 6.2.2 and rebooting the client.

One question I have relates to the userid=none parameter as referenced in the
TDP install guide:
        Register your Data Protection for Exchange node name and password with
the
        Tivoli Storage Manager register node command. For example: For VSS
        operations, this node is the Target Node. Note that when registering
nodes to
        the Tivoli Storage Manager server specifically for VSS operations, do
not
        specify the Tivoli Storage Manager USerid=NONE parameter. VSS operations
        will fail when this parameter is specified.

It states do not specifiy userid=none....... I usually do not specify a userid,
but rather let the userid be the same as the node that I have registered.

My question is do I need to specify userid=NONE for the node on which the BA
client is installed?

According to what David had sent to me right before your post, it said:

1.Register TDP for Exchange Node
                Register Node NODE_A xxxxxxxx Domain=STANDARD Contact=''
Cloptset='OptionSetName' BackDelete=Yes MAXNUMMP=2 KeepMP=Yes
For me: Register Node EXCHANGE2010_TDP xxxxxxxx Domain=STANDARD Contact=''
Cloptset='OptionSetName' BackDelete=Yes MAXNUMMP=2 KeepMP=Yes

2.Register TDP for Exchange Proxy Node
                Register Node NODE_A_PROXYAGENT xxxxxxxx Domain=STANDARD
Contact='' Cloptset='OptionSetName' BackDelete=Yes MAXNUMMP=2 USERID=NONE
KeepMP=Yes
For me:         Register Node EXCHANGE2010 xxxxxxxx Domain=STANDARD Contact=''
Cloptset='OptionSetName' BackDelete=Yes MAXNUMMP=2 USERID=NONE KeepMP=Yes

3.Grant Proxy Authority to NODE_A
                Grant Proxynode target=NODE_A agent=NODE_A_PROXYAGENT
For me:     GRANT PROXYNODE TARGET=EXCHANGE2010_TDP AGENT=EXCHANGE2010