ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: There has got to be a better way - revisited

2011-02-14 10:57:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: There has got to be a better way - revisited
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:55:03 -0500
It sounds like it should be simple.  Unfortunately, so far every drive
replacement has been a pain.

The CE said he does a "flash" via the 3494 Library Manager which should do
what you are saying.

In the mean time, while gathering SAN info from all of my drives, I
discovered that 2-have the same identical WWN info but the serial numbers
are different.  IIRC, my SAN guy said something about not caring about the
WWN since he has all tape drives and servers that use them in a group/pool
(??? I am not a SAN person so I am not sure of the correct terminology and
my SAN guy is out sick).

Either way, thanks for the info and I will make sure everything is flashed
correctly before plugging in the fibre cables.
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services