ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX V4.3.3.11, Oracle 8.1.7.4, TSM V5.5.2.0 and TDP for Oracle question

2011-01-31 09:46:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX V4.3.3.11, Oracle 8.1.7.4, TSM V5.5.2.0 and TDP for Oracle question
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:43:50 -0500
I don't know what version stack (aix/tdp/tsm/oracle) would work.   I do
know that the last BA client that was supported on AIX 4.3 was v5.1.6.  We
actually have a couple of AIX 4.3 systems with old Oracle databases that
we backup.  We perform Oracle hot backups to local disk then let the BA
client backup the hot backup files.  I think you could do this with RMAN
backup to local disk (or nfs mount) and let the BA client backup the
files.

 Rick