ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore vol.

2011-01-31 07:59:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore vol.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:57:49 -0500
The Inaccessible condition is likely due to Checkin problems: review the
Activity Log to see what happened there, and perform detailed queries to
ascertain the status of the tape.

You have a misconception about Restore Volume: it is for reconstructing primary
storage pool volumes from copy storage pools.  Offsite tapes should be copy
storage pool volumes, and those are reconstructed by Backup Stgpool after
having deleted the copy pool tape and its contents from TSM.  You should first
do a Move Data on the copy pool tape first, to transfer as much data as can be.

    Richard Sims