ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM migration from 5.5 to 6.2

2011-01-27 10:29:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM migration from 5.5 to 6.2
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:28:26 -0600
Good day everyone,
I've been kicking around a couple different methods to migrate. In one of my
sites I have the luxury of a new server and library to export to, which is
working well.

Has anyone tried to install a fresh 6.2 instance on a current system running
5.5 , then remove the library from the 5.5 instance and define it in the 6.2
instance, redefine the library and drive paths on the 5.5  instance to the new
6.2 library instance for library control, then migrate instance to instance ?

This site has a rather large 5.5 db and I'm trying to complete this without
finding additional HW.
Thoughts ?

Duane Ochs
Information Technologies - Unix,Storage and Retention

Quad/Graphics
Innovative People Redefining Printtec
Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-2375 phone