ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange 2010

2011-01-26 07:52:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:50:55 +0000
Hi to all

I want to test the restore mailbox on for Exchange 2010 with the new TDP 6.1.2
For Microsoft Exchange. I install the TDP on an alternate machine and first
tried to do some query's but got stuck.
In my alternate machine I didn't install any Microsoft Exchange Server, just
the tsm client and TDP.

I run:

tdpexcc query tsm *  /tsmnode=exchsrva_db    /fromexcserver=EXCHSRVA

Got:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server
Version 6, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2009. All rights reserved.

ACN5915W Unable to obtain the Microsoft Exchange Server version running on your
system. Microsoft Exchange 2003 is being assumed. Unexpected results may occur.

Querying Tivoli Storage Manager Server for a list of database backups, please
wait...

Connecting to TSM Server as node 'exchsrva_db'...

Please enter the password for node exchsrva_db:

***********
                             Backup List

  Exchange Server  : EXCHSRVA

ACN5820E There were no Exchange backups found on the Tivoli Storage Manager
server matching the specified criteria.

I have at least 15 versions, when I run this command on the production machine
I got the correct result

What I am missing? Any advice     ?

Regards

Robert Ouzen