ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 and TDP / VSS

2011-01-25 16:49:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 and TDP / VSS
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:47:45 -0600
I browsed the fine manual but was hoping to gain a little insight from
other experiences.  I understand that it's no longer a streaming backup,
it's a VSS software snap.  Does anyone know how long the Exchange DB's
are in a guessed state?  Does it depend on the DB size or does VSS get a
snap and then tsm backs the snap?  If the DB is guessed for the duration
of the backup then maybe it makes sense to backup just the passive dags.

Any thoughts or insight would be great!

Regards

Charles