ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3310 and T038 Write Protect Message

2011-01-25 07:50:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3310 and T038 Write Protect Message
From: BENSHADE <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:48:14 -0500
Thanks.
Yes, I have already ascertained that it is more than one drive - all 4 in fact.
 It is looking like a firmware issue the more things I try. Fortunately this is
not in production yet so can 'play a bit' but we need it in production asap.
I will probably have to test the drives like you say individually at OS level.

Do you have any links or more info as to the reports of firmware deficiencies,
as they may be useful in seeing if there are similar problems that I can ask
IBM tape storage support about?

Thanks.

Ben