ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody not happy with TSM V6?

2011-01-21 09:02:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody not happy with TSM V6?
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:01:41 +0000
Johnny,
We are very happy with TSM V6.2.2.0.

We upgraded from v5.5 to v 6.2.2.0 in December. It has been at least as stable
and trouble-free as v5. No major problems, and no regrets. The run time of
expiration on v5 nearly sank our ship. That went from a day and a half in v5 to
an hour and a half on v6.2.2.  Other processes seem to run faster also, but I
can't give you before and after data.

We boot our server from SAN, and did an image backup of the boot disk and an
offsite database backup before the upgrade so we had a sure back-out. The
database was about 200 GB at the time of the upgrade, and its conversion
run-time was about 20 hours.

Best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University