ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO-5 Experience?

2011-01-20 02:20:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO-5 Experience?
From: Alexander Heindl <alexander.heindl AT GENERALI DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:19:52 +0100
We are using two Quantum (former ADIC) Scalar i6000 Libraries with 8 HP drives each, since May 2010.
Before that I had 6 IBM LTO3 each in i2000. The libraries remained, just were upgraded to i6000.
In the beginning we had some small troubles which were library, driver or firmware specific, I suspect.
Currently I'm using Firmware I3AZ for my drives and it seems to be stable.
I'm quite happy with it.

The biggest problem was maybe, that it was an early step, where I had to migrate TSM to version 6.2, which was brand new too...

Best Regard,
Alex

______________________________________
Ing. Alexander Heindl

Generali IT-Solutions GmbH
WIs

Kratochwjlestraße 4, 1220 Wien
Telefon: +43 (0)1 53401-13160
Fax: +43 1 532 09 49 3160
E-Mail:
alexander.heindl AT generali DOT at

http://www.generali.at

Generali IT-Solutions GmbH, Sitz in Wien
registriert beim Handelsgericht Wien unter FN 215738 m
DVR-Nr.: 2111166.
Die Gesellschaft gehört zur Unternehmensgruppe der
Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., Triest, eingetragen im
Versicherungsgruppenregister der ISVAP unter der
Nummer 026.