ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO-5 Experience?

2011-01-19 11:37:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO-5 Experience?
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:24:30 -0800
We've been running six LTO5 drives in an STK SL3000 with no issues for a
few months now. We've had way fewer issues than with our older STK
SL3000 that has eight LTO4 drives. You definitely want to make sure you
have enough bandwidth from the servers to the drives. You probably want
FC8 to the servers and at least FC4 to the drives.