ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows

2011-01-03 16:26:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:24:26 +0000
Zoltan

It is a cop-out.  Whilst not a direct fix for your issue, I'd look at
using CAD.  It works very well for me.

Steven

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
03/01/2011 21:10
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on
Windows

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 02/02/2011

I have a client/admin complaining about excessive memory usage by the
client scheduler, since upgrading the client from  6.1.2.0 to 6.2.2.0.

Before, dsmcsvc.exe was using around 21mb.  Now it is using from 178mb
(today) to spiking over 1gb.

They did some digging and found various articles/docs that talks about
using the CAD/managedservices to help reduce the memory footprint.

One thing that disturbs me is the statement "Tip: Restart the traditional
scheduler periodically to free system resources previously used by system
calls.".

You can read this here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/t_cfg_schdcad.html

This sounds like a cop-out to address memory leaks.

How many of you "restart the scheduler service periodically to free system
resources"?
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University